Action on Elder Abuseadmin, · Categories: Uncategorized
Action on Elder Abuse (AEA) is a specialist organisation with a growing number of staff in all four nations of the United Kingdom. We also provide some limited support within Ireland.
Unlike other ‘older people’s organisations’ we focus exclusively on the issue of elder abuse, not as one issue among many, but as a single focus to our work. For this reason we have extensive expertise that is not available from any other charity or agency.
Here are some key bullet points regarding the types of abuse we handle:
- Over 500,000 older people are abused in the UK each year
- Elder abuse can occur anywhere. This includes in someone’s own home, a residential home, or a hospital
- Both older men and women can be at risk of abuse, though a majority of victims are women over the age of 70
- There are five common types of abuse: physical, psychological, financial, sexual abuse and neglect
- Join us, support us, donate to us. Let’s end elder abuse together
Visit the AEA website for more information: https://elderabuse.org.uk/